This week we hosted another business leader in our Pandemic "Lunch and Learn" small business technology series. Frank Correira, Senior Channel Manager at LogMeIn spoke to the Ekaru business community about "unified communications" - Voice / Video / Text.
The pandemic has forced so many businesses to get creative and figure out a way to work from home. Small businesses with older technology run the risk of being left behind as the world workforce goes remote. We've talked to business owners who have to send someone to the office to retrieve voicemails, forward all calls to cell phones, and have to keep someone in the office just to answer the phones. There is a better way!
Years ago when we were looking for our own new phone system, we researched all the solutions and found Jive (now part of LogMeIn) to bet the best fit for small business.: Great price, great features, easy to use and Internet provider neutral! The system is totally flexible - you're never locked into a specific Internet provider like Comcast or Verizon - easy to use, and has an expanding list of features. We got a brand new system for LESS THAN we were paying for our old Verizon lines. During the pandemic, we've also taken advantage of the built in video capabilities to host twice daily "huddles" using GoToMeeting - all integrated with the phone system. We're so excited about this, we want to be sure all the small businesses in our community know what's available.
We started our training webinars years ago with a goal of educating small businesses about how to get more from the technology you already have, and the new technology you need to know about. Ekaru's mission from the beginning has always been to serve the small business community. Here's technology that fits in a small business budget and provides all the features that big businesses have.
Here's some of the highlights of the presentation, and a full recording is linked below.
- LogMeIn was founded in 2003, and is headquartered locally in Boston, MA.
- 1.2 Billion audio minutes are hosted every month
- Trends - Remote workforce and "Work from Anywhere"
- The GoToConnect platform includes:
- Presence (See if someone is already on the line)
- Video Conferencing
- Audio Conferencing
- Screen Sharing
- All of these features combined on one platform is what's known as "Unified Communications"
- Work from Anywhere means you can use a traditional handset, your laptop, or an app on your smart phone to dial out using your office caller ID so you can keep your personal number private.
- All support and new features are included in the monthly subscription.
- Features like call queues and international calling to 52 countries are all included.
- A national redundant network provides reliability
- Another topic that was briefly discussed relating to the remote workforce is password management - with so many employees collaborating with cloud applications, password security needs attention.
All businesses will need to adapt to the new remote work "normal". With careful project planning, its easy to switch to a more modern and affordable platform.
Here's the full recording of the lunch and learn:
Call us 978-692-4200 if you want to set up a personalized demo, or if you want to get trained in advanced features. Ask for Nancy to set up a demo, and ask for Tony to help with new features if you're already on the system.