Stay alert when reading through your email. Our Cybersecurity advice focuses on "layers" of security, and even with all the technology in place to protect you, the "bad actors" will always resort to new tricks. End user education and vigilance are key.
We've been alerted about a new phishing wave making the rounds.
These emails state that the email address has been flagged for suspicious activity and the user is required to click a link to authenticate the account.
Please note that these emails are NOT legitimate emails sent by the hosting platform. If you notice emails that contain suspicious links or attachments, please avoid clicking on any links, and please remind all users in your organization to stay alert.
A few additional reminders include:
- Never share personal information via email
- Visit websites directly from browsers and bookmarks - not email
- Double-check attachments before you click or download them
- Watch for misspellings and strange greetings (Hello Madam!)
- Be suspicious of emails that evoke a sense of urgency and ask for your immediate action
- When it comes to wire transfers, be extra vigilant. Confirm with a face to face or phone conversation.
- When in doubt - DO NOTHING!
Think before you click!